The OPTICON 2's 6½ inch woofer and the more voluminous cabinet make this loudspeaker a true 2-way compact performer. The size of the woofer is matched with a large 28 mm soft dome tweeter to bring out every detail in the audio signal.
Exactingly engineered to extract every nuance from your music, the use of DALI’s unique SMC (Soft Magnetic Compound) magnet motor system (originally developed for the EPICON range) means audio that comes almost completely free from distortion thanks to the SMC’s low-level electrical conductivity. Expect nothing but a dynamic, well-defined, and powerful audio reproduction from this loudspeaker.
Available in striking White Matt Satin, Black and Walnut finish and with high-gloss white or black front baffle, the OPTICON 2 is small in scale but big on performance perfection. A part of the EISA award-winning OPTICON 5.1 system together with the OPTICON 6 and the OPTICON VOKAL.
- Proprietary DALI tweeters and woofers
- Hand-assembled with in-house built cabinet construction
- Unique SMC-based magnet motor system
- Low-loss Wood Fibre Woofers
- Ultra-light 28 mm Soft Dome Tweeter
- Gold-plated Terminals
- Available in White Matt Satin, Black and Walnut
The mounting of the drivers and the final tests and approvals on each speaker is also handled directly at our own assembly lines in our Danish factory.
All elements of the DALI drivers are designed, produced, and manufactured in-house in DALI.
Dali MDF Cabinets
Keeping the manufacturing of the OPTICON series firmly in the hands of DALI we utilize our large and efficient woodworking facility in Denmark to handle everything from cutting out the Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF) cabinet to applying the vinyl.
In the OPTICON woofer magnet motor system, the pole piece is purely constructed of SMC. SMC’s unique ability to deliver a high magnetic conductivity and a very low electrical conductivity delivers all the wanted qualities of a good speaker magnet without the traditional downsides.
- Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) - 59 - 27,000
- Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m) - 87.0
- Nominal Impedance - 4
- Maximum SPL - 107
- Recommended Amplifier Power - 30 - 150
- Crossover Frequency - 2,000
- Crossover Principle - 2-way
- Hybrid tweeter module, Super high freq. driver, Diaphragm type
- Hybrid tweeter module, High frequency driver, Quantity - 1 x 28 mm
- Hybrid tweeter module, High frequency driver Diaphragm type - Soft Textile Dome
- Midrange driver, Quantity - 1 x 6 1/2"
- Midrange driver, Diaphragm type - Wood Fibre Cone
- Enclosure type Bass Reflex
- Bass Reflex Tuning Frequency - 46.5
- Connection Input - Single Wire
- Magnetic Shielding - No
- Recommended Placement - Shelf or stand
- Recommended Distance from Wall - 10 - 80
- Dimensions with Base (HxWxD) - 351 x 195 x 297
- Weight - 7.8