The woofer for the OPTICON LCR is designed with a strong focus on DALI sound principles of low-loss, low distortion and low colouration of the reproduced sound. The ideal speaker plays just what the amplifier intended, with nothing added and nothing subtracted.
To meet these ideals every part in the OPTICON woofer is carefully chosen for its low-loss abilities. The cone is made from a pulp mix of paper and wood fibre that ensures very low surface resonance and gives the cones their distinctive colour. The cone terminates in a rubber surround that is chosen for its soft and very flexible properties. This gives the cone free movement with very low dampening effect and leaves control of the cone movement to the WOOFER magnet motor. The rubber surround is attached to an aluminium chassis that, due to the properties of aluminium, offers almost no interference to the magnetic field surrounding the magnet motor.
The magnet motor itself consists of a large ferrite magnet that surrounds a pole piece made entirely of the unique material SMC. The pole piece and the ferrite magnet are secured between two soft iron plates. This forms a close to the optimum environment for the 2 layer voice coil to work within. The voice coil is, therefore, able to transform the signals from the amplifier into an undistorted, uncoloured and very well timed reproduction of the original signal, leaving the listener with a close to live experience.
The mounting of the drivers and the final tests and approvals on each speaker is also handled directly at our own assembly lines in our Danish factory.
All elements of the DALI drivers are designed, produced and manufactured in-house in DALI.
Dali MDF Cabinets
Keeping the manufacturing of the OPTICON series firmly in the hands of DALI we utilize our large and efficient woodworking facility in Denmark to handle everything from cutting out the Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF) cabinet to applying the vinyl.
In the OPTICON woofer magnet motor system, the pole piece is purely constructed of SMC. SMC’s unique ability to deliver a high magnetic conductivity and a very low electrical conductivity delivers all the wanted qualities of a good speaker magnet without the traditional downsides.
- Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) - 72 - 32,000
- Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m) - 90.5
- Nominal Impedance - 4
- Maximum SPL - 109
- Recommended Amplifier Power - 30 - 150
- Crossover Frequency - 2,200 / 14,000
- Crossover Principle - 2 + ½-way
- Hybrid tweeter module, Super high freq. driver, Quantity - 1 x 17 x 45 mm
- Hybrid tweeter module, Super high freq. driver, Diaphragm type - Ribbon
- Hybrid tweeter module, High frequency driver, Quantity - 1 x 28 mm
- Hybrid tweeter module, High frequency driver Diaphragm type - Soft Textile Dome
- Midrange driver, Quantity - 1 x 6 1/2"
- Midrange driver, Diaphragm type - Wood Fibre Cone
- Enclosure type - Bass Reflex
- Bass Reflex Tuning Frequency - 45.5
- Connection Input - Single Wire
- Magnetic Shielding - No
- Recommended Placement - On-Wall
- Centre / Soundbar
- Recommended Distance from Wall - 0 - 10
- Dimensions with Base (HxWxD) - 482 x 285 x 127
- Weight - 8.3