NCF Piezo Ceramic Series Connectors • A Furutech First!
Furutech’s Pure Transmission FI-50 NCF Piezo Ceramic series connector bodies and housings feature several breakthrough construction techniques.
A multilayer nonmagnetic stainless steel and silver-plated carbon fiber shell incorporates a special damping and insulating acetal copolymer. Furutech settled on stainless and silver-plated carbon fiber for the outer housing after extensive listening sessions with Japanese industry figures and audiophiles.
The body of the connectors incorporates an “active” damping material: Nano Crystal² Formula - Nano Crystalline, Piezo Ceramic and Carbon Powder
Nano Crystal² Formula --- NCF Powder is a special crystalline material that has two “active” properties. First, it generates negative ions that eliminate static and secondly, it converts thermal energy into far-infrared, which makes it the ultimate electrical and mechanical damping material.
Nano Crystal² Formula eliminates static, “interconverts” thermal, mechanical and electrical energy and damps vibrations—all for the finest Furutech Pure Transmission signal imaginable.
Floating Magnetic Field Effects
The Furutech Earth/Ground Jumper System
How far will Furutech’s engineers go in their attempts to reach Pure Transmission reference quality? Their concentrated examination of each and every element of signal transfer has resulted in another breakthrough technology, the Furutech Earth/Ground Jumper System. It eliminates EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) induced in metal parts like connector housing screws.
Current flowing through the power connector creates a magnetic field, just as an insulated conductor creates both electromagnetic and electrostatic fields. Furutech engineers found this magnetic field induces current flow (and a small magnetic field) in the screws holding the connector together! These magnetic fields interfere with the larger magnetic field around the conductor and connector.
Furutech’s total attention to detail and elegant engineering neatly solves the problem. The Earth/Ground Jumper System connects the securing screws to a ground terminal within the plug completely eliminating the field disturbances they cause. The stray fields are grounded by a series of interlocking parts within the connector that attach to the ground conductor. The Jumper System is available in Furutech NEMA Power and IEC Connectors.
The Earth/Ground Jumper System Carries US Patent No. 6,669,491 / European Patent No. EP1445837
• Fitted with Furutech’s top-of-the-line high end performance FI-50 NCF Connectors:
• Furutech’s Pure Transmission FI-50 NCF(R) IEC & FI-50M NCF(R) / FI-E50 NCF(R) series connector bodies and housings feature multilayer nonmagnetic stainless steel and carbon fiber shell incorporating a special damping and insulating acetal copolymer. The body of the connectors combines two “active” materials: Nano-sized ceramic particles and powdered carbon. Nylon and fiberglass are incorporated as well forming an extremely effective, well damped, mechanically and electrically nonresonant connector body.
• FI-50 NCF(R) IEC & FI-50M NCF(R)/FI-E50 NCF(R) series connectors feature α(Alpha) Pure Copper conductors.
• Earth/Ground Jumper System (US Patent No.: 6,669,491/ European Patent No. EP1445837 )
• Patent pending metal cable clamp improves grip and reduces mechanically and electrically induced distortion plus patent-pending specially engineered pressure plate
• Cable features an α (Alpha) conductor shield to protect against radiated noise.
• RoHS compliant flexible PVC sheath improves vibration isolation
• Special high-grade PE Insulation contributes to a reduction in capacitance.
• Silver Plated Carbon Fiber finished Formula GC-303 EMI-Absorbent Modules surround the cable.
• Neo-damper – highly effective vibration damping material incorporated in cable build.
• Carefully engineered cable clamp improves grip and reduces mechanical and electrically-induced distortion
• Dimensions: Cable diameter approx. 17.5mm • Overall length: 1.8M/set
Cable construction and material.
• 68-strand α (Alpha) OCC conductor・0.127mmx7 x 3 cores, 2.8mm diameter
• Inner Sheath: RoHS compliant flexible PVC incorporating carbon powder
• Insulation: Special PE (Red/Natural/Yellow) 5.4mm diameter
• Sheath: RoHS compliant flexible PVC (Purple red) 16.5mm diameter
• Shield: 0.12mm diameter α (Alpha) Conductor wire braid
• Jacket: Nylon yarn braid approx. Overall diameter 17.5mm
Electrical Properties of Cable
Max. Conductor Resistance 4.5 Ω／km
Min. Insulation Resistance 2500 MΩ-km
Dielectric Strength AC.3000 V／1 min.